Monday, 15 August 2016
A day at Disneyland
I don't care how old you are, Disneyland is pretty damn cool. It's kind of like a crazy village filled with people who are standing in long lines for 5 minute rides, wearing ears, taking photos with life sized cartoon characters and buzzing from a major sugar high...oh, and strollers, there are so many strollers....
Ok, maybe I haven't made it sound appealing...but even though its an odd place in many ways, it really is great... maybe not 'the happiest place on earth' (I feel that may be taking it too far)...but great...yup, even if you don't have kids to take along...
My top tips for Disneyland:
* Go with people you really like - no, really. The amount of time you have to stand in long ass lines and walk around is going to test some people, so being with people you really like wil help there to be limited silly arguments and way more laughing at how ridiculous it all is.
* Be prepared - Take a water bottle, slap on some sunscreen, pack a hat and wear comfy shoes (I saw a girl in heels there, I wanted to cry for her).
* Get there early and go straight to space mountain - If you are hoping to ever get on this fast ride you need to go early and do it first. Later in the day the lines will probably lead you to slap someone, possibly a child (or their parents) and then you may get arrested...
* Grab a Fastpass - The Fastpass system saves you a place in line for the most popular rides. Basically, you go wait in line for Fastpass ticket machine, then you can get a ticket to return at the time marked on the pass (which usually makes the wait A LOT less). Only catch is that you can only have one Fastpass at a time.
* Give in to you inner child - buy the ears, dress like your favourite character, eat all the candy, take photos with Disneyland characters and go on the "kiddie" rides if you want (or go on Star Tours ride twice in a row)... Trust me - nobody cares and however silly you think something might be, there is definitely someone way crazier than you there.